Chewy cookies alert!!!Healthy chocolate chip oatmeal banana cookies. Dairy free, egg free, healthy and so damn delicious! Oatmeal, bananas and chocolate chips is a combo made from heaven. I sneaked hemp seeds in there, which contain healthy fats, protein, iron, magnesium and zinc. Plus, research has linked eating oatmeal regularly with benefits to digestion, heart health, blood sugar, lowering cholesterol, antioxidant properties and weight loss.
So, there you go! You MUST eat these cookies. They are chewy, soft, and just perfection! I made them just last night, and as I am writing this post, I am drooling over my own pictures. Of course, we ate them all, and now I need to make these again!
- 2 Flax eggs ( 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 tbsp water )
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup mini vegan chocolate chips (If not using mini chips, you should do ½ cup chocolate chips instead of ¼ cup)
- Set your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flax egg ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. ( 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 tbsp water )
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix, and set aside.In a separate bowl, mash the 2 bananas with a fork.
- Once the bananas are mashed, add the soy milk and flax eggs.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to combine. Don't over mix.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Scoop out the mixture evenly to make 12 cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the top is golden. ( I baked mine for 14 )
Step by step:
Set your oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flax egg ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. ( 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 tbsp water )
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
(1 C oats, 1/3 C flour, 1/4 C brown sugar, 1/4 C hemp hearts, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda)
Gently mix with a spoon or silicone spatula. Set aside.
Mash bananas with a fork in a separate bowl.
Add in the 1/3 cup Soy milk and flax eggs to the mashed bananas.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix. Do not over mix.
Add in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (preferred method) or parchment paper.
Scoop out the mixture evenly into 12 cookies.
Bake at 375 for 13-15 mins or until golden. I baked mine for 14 minutes.
Let them cool down for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a plate to completely cool down. Store in a sealed container in the fridge. You dont have to completely cool them down to eat them. They are even better when slightly warm.