I LOVE Spinach dip. This is always a winner at any potlucks, and its so easy to make, with only 5 ingredients.
I am not going to lie and say this recipe is healthy, because that would be a stretch. This is a crowd pleaser, but not a bikini body pleaser, if you know what I mean. It’s creamy, delicious, and it goes fast at any gatherings. I made mine with less spinach, simply because I wanted it to be more dip like, since I was serving it with a vegetable tray. If you serve this with crackers or anything like that, the more Spinach the better, in my opinion.
Now of course, you dont have to serve it in a bread bowl like this, but how cute is it? I love it!
- 12 0z (340g) vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti)
- 1 cup to 1½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 vegetable recipe mix by Knorr
- 1½ cup frozen cut spinach (for thicker and more dip like consistency) or 2 to 2½ cups (more "spinachy", great with crackers and croutons)
- Pinch salt & pepper
- A nice addition to make is1 tbsp nutritional yeast and 1 tbsp salad seasoning, but I served mine without both and it was a crowd pleaser! It is really good with only the 5 ingredients.
- Measure the frozen spinach, then thaw on the counter or in the microwave. Make sure you get rid of the excess water once thawed.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the vegan sour cream, vegan mayo, vegetable mix, salt & pepper and mix throughly.
- Add the thawed spinach, and combine.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Its best to make ahead the night before, so that the flavours really come together. (Make sure to cover with a lid or saran wrap.)